Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Speaker Builder Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm working on my Second Speaker building project for the surrounds in my Home theatre. One of these day's I'm going to buy/borrow a Digital Camera so I can post the pics of my Rebuild Model-15's.

    On my first project I used 1" mdf and recessed the 12" woofer into the 1" by about 1/4". This was a real pain, but I wanted to match what the origional Model-15's had.

    My Question is: Is there any reason I CAN'T just SURFACE mount the woofers. Or is the recessing part of the structural strength of the woofer frame.

    Thanks in advance for any replys.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's OK to surface mount these if you don't have a router. Flush mounting gives it a finished appearance, little more.

    Cal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.